Created in 2008, the Festival International du Documentaire Émergent (FIDÉ) is an annual event that presents a rich programme of documentary works from universities, schools and film workshops or first self-produced works from around the world.
Made up of professionals from various backgrounds and film students, the FIDÉ team strives to promote these works, which generally struggle to fit into the usual circuits.
While supporting and promoting young documentary film talents, FIDÉ encourages exchanges between students, professionals and amateurs, in a convivial and reflective space open to all. Organised around screening sessions followed by debates, this event also brings together concerts, exhibitions and artistic and professional meetings.
Its objectives are :
- Diffusion of students films / works, film workshops or first self-produced works.
- Defense of creative documentary work that escapes the formatting and standardization imposed by most classical broadcasters.
- Promotion of educational actions and moments of reflection related to documentary, accessible to different audiences.
- Creation of a space for sharing, debate, experimentation, collaboration and exchange between the public, students, professionals and all those involved in artistic creation.
- Selection is done by experienced programmers, who share their experience with groups of students, in the form of programming workshops, to view and debate the 700 or so films registered each year.
In addition to our desire to collaborate in the development of a network between students from various universities and schools in Paris, their participation is dear to us and indispensable if the selection is to reflect a fresh look at these pearls of tomorrow’s documentary
Finally, the festival tends to diversify through the organisation of more punctual events (screening sessions and special meetings during the year) while hoping to experiment soon with new cuttings outside its native Paris.